Code of Conduct
B21 needs you and your presence to be effective. However, paramount to the success of this initiative is the atmosphere of mutual respect that we have created in the space. In addition, to maintain this shared space, and to guarantee the safety of those who enter and of those around us, we ask that you please agree to the terms below in return for your card access.
In exchange for access to McGill University’s Building 21, located at 651 Sherbrooke Street West, I agree to enter into this contract, which provides the provisions necessary for the usage of Building 21 (B21).
This agreement is based on the following provisions:
- The normal hours for access to B21 are Monday to Friday, 9AM to 5PM. The working space is accessible as long as a staff person is present. To request access outside of these hours, I will consult with the B21 Operations Manager.
- Once I have card access to Building 21, I become responsible for the conduct of anyone who I allow to enter the space. Prior to granting access to any guest, I will consult with the B21 Operations Manager.
- It is strictly forbidden to use the emergency exits that lead to the RVC Residence Hall for any purpose other than as emergency exits.
- I will maintain basic standards of housekeeping/cleanliness (i.e., putting my dirty dishes in the dishwasher, running or emptying the dishwasher when necessary, keeping my work area clean and orderly). Outdoor shoes are not to be worn inside B21; clean indoor shoes may be worn.
- When I am the last person to leave B21, I will ensure that all windows are closed, lights are turned off, kitchen appliances are unplugged, and the outdoor gate is shut.
- I am fully responsible for cleaning/maintaining the space in the condition that I found it in, and for any damage due to misconduct that is caused in Building 21.
- If one (or more) of the provisions stated above is violated, my access status to Building 21 may be revoked immediately.
Invalidity or unenforceability of one or more provisions of this agreement shall not affect any other provision of this agreement.
By using the space, you have agreed to abide by the rules in this code of conduct.